Hollywoodbets Brand Ambassador Profile: Carol Tshabalala
Everything you need to know about Hollywoodbets' Brand Ambassador, Carol Tshabalala
Carol Tshabalala – The First Lady of Sports
When it comes to sports broadcasting, analysis and influence, very few come close to ‘The First Lady of Sport’ Carol Tshabalala!
Born in Pimville, Soweto, the award-winning TV and radio presenter, MC, voice-over artist and boxing ring announcer started broadcasting for the SABC in 2000 for a youth sports programme “Sportsbuzz” after graduating from Krugersdorp High School.
It didn’t take long for ‘Simply Carol’ to be elevated to field reporter for the soccer show “Soccer Special” where anchor, “Mabaleng” – previously hosted by Robert Marawa and Martin Locke.
She also hosted the 2003 and 2008 editions of ‘Miss South Africa and Miss South Africa Teen’ pageants.
Carol Tshabalala appreciation post!— Bakone Content (@Bakone_rsa) January 12, 2022
She was born to do this! And it goes along well with the beauty that she has. Humble and entertaining. #NedbankCup2022 pic.twitter.com/PWhUX7XCRP
With over 20 years of broadcasting and emceeing, she has hosted, amongst others, the following events:
- FIFA Ballon d’Or Gala
- SA Sport Awards
- 2010 World Cup preliminary draw (broadcast live across the world),
- Comrades and City to City marathons
- FIFA football symposium (Frankfurt, Germany)
- The FIFA Congress
- World Karate Cup
- Annual Premier Soccer League awards
- Annual Boxing awards (every year since 2003)
- The Launch of the African Cup of Nations
- The All-Africa Games
- Hollywoodbets Durban July
- The launch of SABC Sport
- the 46664 Nelson Mandela concert,
- The launch of the ABSA Cup
- The United School Sports Association of South Africa Awards
- The Launch of the new Nike headquarters
- The Blue IQ Nelson Mandela Marathon and The Kaizer Chiefs ‘End of Season’ awards.
Carol has also covered the Olympics and Paralympic, the Commonwealth Games in Australia and the FIFA world cup in Germany (2006).
Then in 2011, she hosted the event for biggest individual football accolade in the world – The FIFA Ballon D’or in Zurich alongside CNN sports anchor, Pedro Pinto. In 2012 she was invited back as their guest of honour in Zurich.
Some of her accolades include:
- 1 of the Top 10 Women in Radio in SA – MTN Yello Rose award, 2011
- Best Sports Presenter -Television at the SAFA (South African Football Association) Awards – 2010
- Best Radio Journalist – SAB Sports Journalists awards 2009
- Best Television Presenter – for the 2003/2004 PSL soccer season
- Best television newcomer- SAB Sports Journalist of the Year awards 2001
Carol once again shouldered the FIFA World Cup broadcasting duties for Africa, where she chronicled her experiences of the competition hosted in the desert country – holding captivating conversations with other global sports presenters and football stars such as Dwight York, Xavi, Andy Townsend, Arsene Wenger and many more.
We are proud🥳 to announce, South Africa's First Lady of Sport, @SimplyCarol8 as our latest Brand Ambassador 💃😃💜#SimplyCarolWithHollywood pic.twitter.com/qLXYhZxJuU— Hollywoodbets (@Hollywoodbets) February 10, 2022
In January of 2022, Simply Carol joined the Purple Team and had this to say:
“It is hard to describe in words how excited I am to begin this beautiful journey with Hollywoodbets. Over the years, I have seen how the company has grown to be the leading betting operator in the country and has now become a rising force in the sports betting field on a global scale.
Hollywoodbets has its heart in making a positive difference in their communities through various initiatives and the Hollywood Foundation.
As someone who is passionate about women empowerment, becoming a brand ambassador for Hollywoodbets was the next step in our growing relationship as previous successful projects we collaborated on together, like the #EmpoweringHER Women’s Month campaign and the Brentford FC launch, have shown how powerful this partnership can and will be.”