The “Hollywoodbets Back On Track Challenge” gets underway on Monday 1st June 2020, involving all racing at Hollywoodbets Greyville and Hollywoodbets Scottsville. Terms and conditions for the Back On Track Challenge for APPRENTICES is shown below.
Learn more about the Hollywoodbets Back On Track Challenge by viewing the press release here.
Terms & Conditions
Hollywoodbets Back on Track Challenge
- The Challenge will run for the period from 1 June 2020 to 25 July 2020.
- A minimum of ten (10) race meetings must be completed in this period for the challenge to be validated. If ten race meetings are not completed, this challenge shall be void. If fewer race meetings are held than originally scheduled but exceed ten, then the prize money shall be pro-rated. By way of example, if only fifteen race-meetings are completed and twenty were scheduled, then the total prize money shall be pro-rated as 15/20 x R40 000 = R30 000.
- This Challenge is open to all apprentices riding at race meetings held at Hollywoodbets Greyville and Hollywoodbets Scottsville.
- Total prize money to the value of R40 000 shall be shared amongst the top 5 apprentices as follows:
- Winner – R20 000
- 2nd Place – R10 000
- 3rd place – R5 000
- 4th place – R3 000
- 5th Place – R2 000
- Points System
- Every point counts! Points are allocated according to the official finishing position of each horse (and apprentice) in the race. The number of points on offer is dependent on the number of horses participating (official runners) in the race.
- Points are awarded in accordance with the apprentices’ finishing positions i.e. in a 10-horse field, the winner will be awarded 10 points, 2nd 9 points and so on with the last horse being awarded 1 point. Similarly, in a 16-horse field, the winner will be awarded 16 points and the last horse just a single point.
- A horse/apprentice combination must complete the race to be awarded any points.
- Where a dead-heat is declared for any finishing position, then dead-heat rules will apply and the contestants will each receive half of the aggregated points on offer. So, for example, a dead-heat for 3rd and 4th in the 10-horse race will see the affected apprentices each being awarded 7.5 points ((8+7)/2).
- Cumulative points awarded will be updated after each race and each race meeting.
- Points earned at each race meeting over the period will be totaled and the top five apprentices will be awarded the prize money as detailed above. In the event of a dead-heat for any of the top five positions, then the dead-heat rules will apply.
- Additional Points allocation
- Additional points shall be awarded on the following basis:
- Double points will be awarded to all participants in all Black-Type races (Grade 1, 2, 3 and listed races – 30 in total)
- All apprentices, who are indentured as at 1 June 2020, are eligible for this challenge, regardless that they come out of their apprenticeship before 25 July 2020.
- The challenge is intended for recreational purposes only. Should any participant be suspected of abusing the spirit of the competition, Hollywoodbets reserves the right to withdraw any prize money awarded.
- Hollywoodbets and its authorised agents reserve the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever, at any time whatsoever and without notice. In such event, participants hereby waive any rights or expectations, which they may have against Hollywoodbets or its authorised agents and acknowledge that they will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against Hollywoodbets or its authorised agents.
- If contestants are unsure of the challenge details, they may contact [email protected]
- Every apprentice participating in the challenge shall be deemed to have acknowledged and accepted the rules by virtue of their participation.
- Companies in the Hollywood Sportsbook Group are licensed betting operators. Hollywoodbets supports responsible gambling. No persons under the age of 18 years are permitted to gamble. Winners know when to stop. National Gambling toll-free counselling line 0800 006 008.